Sunday, May 18, 2008

PeePeeSee News talks to Figo!


PeePeeSee News caught up with Wenxiong, also affectionately known as Figo to his teammates, during the post-match conference to gain some insights about the game. The newly acquired midfielder has mesmerized the fans with some exquisite moments in the games he has played so far.

The No. 14 scored his first goal for ESFC in the recent match against
British Council Hornets FC. Fans would be hoping that the attacking midfielder, who can play anywhere across the midfield, will keep up this form as the team progress in the Espzen Sunday Mini League.

The Ex-SGS player told PeePeeSee News:"Its always great to score goals and I do what I can. Honestly, I get the same buzz if I make an assist. I enjoy setting up goals as much as scoring them. Maybe even more so."

He added: "The key to our success has been determination, and the discipline within the squad.

"We get on so well, even though myself and Jason Chew have just joined the team, the lads have been wonderful enough to welcome and interact with us. It really is the best team that I have played for so far.

"The performances on the pitch speak for themselves but as characters within the squad the team spirit has been fantastic but I personally think that we can still improve if the lads are willing to communicate with each other more.

He also has an idea of how to improve on that:"Personally, I feel that I have some sort of telepathy with both Eugene One & Darren Sin because we have a huge antenna on our faces and I hope that the other lads will follow suit and add some antennas. It will definitely improve and hasten up the gelling of the team."

Now ESFC are aiming for the club's first league triumph, and Figo added:"We have got to keep this form going. But football is an amazing and unpredictable sports. You win a few matches and you will feel invincible but if you lose the next one, it might be a blow to your spirit. We must not let that happen to us. We must always be on our toes."

Speculation has it that the midfielder will be dropped if he forgets to bring his personal shin guards the next game and Figo was quizzed on the rumor.

"Nah, that was just the media trying to cook up some stories for tomorrow's papers. I learnt Muay Thai when I was young and that explains why I do not need to wear shin guards."