Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Return of the King(oops, Kim)


Everyday Sunday Football Club has been given a massive attacking boost after left-winger Then Kim Yuan showed no ill-effects from his 25 minute appearance for the club's match against HELO FC last Sunday. Kim Yuan has not played more than 10 minutes beforehand after injuring his medial collateral ligament in his right knee, with the rehabilitation period taking longer than expected.

Kim Yuan said: "It was in June last year when I had the injury and I knew there was a lot of work to do to get back, especially when the team needed me on many occasions and I aggravated the injury.

"Since the start of the year, I've given much thought to stop playing entirely and fully recover from my injury. I've intensified the strengthening exercises in the gym and also visit different doctors to seek their views.

"I am now just thinking about trying to get as many minutes under my belt as I can before trying to get back into the first team squad.

"It was nice just to come through 25, my first in six months or so, and it feels good, even though I'm lacking in terms of fitness compared to the rest of the boys."

The absence of the left-winger in recent matches have sorely put the spot-light onto the previously unknown(or rather unseen) Muhd Adib, with the latter grabbing all the attention with his goals, fights and sensitive comments to the media. With the left-winger back to the fray, the media will be relishing the opportunity to put their focus back to the controversial midfielder, albeit in a hugely entertaining manner.